M.Tech. in Communication Systems and Machine learning (CS&ML) in collaboration with C.R.Rao Advanced Institute of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science (C. R. Rao AIMSCS), Hyderabad
- Important Dates
- Program Overview
- Program Structure
- Selection Process
- Fees Structure*
- How to Apply
- For Inquiries
Admission to the PG Programs for the academic year 2021-22 is closed.
PG Programs Orientation Schedule: 2021-22 Click here
|Online application website opens||23 March 2021|
|Last date for submission of online applications||04 July 2021 (06:00 pm)|
|Announcement of list of NON-GATE category candidates called for interview||06 July 2021|
||16 July 2021
|Date of Interview for NON-GATE category candidates||09 July 2021|
|Commencement of academic session||TBD|
M.Tech. (CS&ML) is a full-time two-year (four semesters) program. This program is offered jointly by CR Rao Advanced Institute of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science (AIMSCS), Hyderabad and DA-IICT where the Degree will be awarded by the DA-IICT. The students admitted to the program would study their first two semesters at DA-IICT. They will have an option to pursue the studies of the third and the fourth semester either at DA-IICT or at CR Rao AIMSCS, Hyderabad based on their research interest. The Third semester would be primarily consisting of the M.Tech. thesis preliminaries with a maximum of one course to study.
Common Note for Interview:
Interview will happen through Google Meet as per the schedule announced. Candidates are required to be available as per the time and date informed through SMS/Email for the interview. To join the google meet use the meeting code informed through SMS/Email. Google meet can be accessed directly on meet.google.com or through Gmail also.
The M.Tech. (CS&ML) is a full-time two-year (four semesters) program. The program has been specially designed to meet the increasing need for the professionals who would be able to respond to the convergence between communication systems and machine learning. This program is designed with following objectives:
- To educate and train the students who can contribute to advanced communication systems (including 5G and next generation wireless systems), the advanced machine learning technologies and the confluence of these two.
- To develop research projects on communication systems and machine learning in collaboration with the industry and R&D organizations.
- To apply machine learning techniques in communication systems and beyond.
The students will be required to spend the first two semesters at DA-IICT campus at Gandhinagar, where they will take the core and elective courses. For the thesis work, the students based on their research interest can carry on the research work at DA-IICT or at CR Rao AIMSCS.
The Program requires every student to take four core courses and one elective in the first semester, three core courses and two electives in the second semester, and one elective subject in the third semester. The core courses are mandatory. For electives, the student will have an adequate choice of electives in order to dwell deeper into areas of her/his research interest, or go beyond one’s own specialization. The students are requires to pursue a 6-week summer research or industrial internship after completion of their second semester and before the start of their third semester. In the second year (third and fourth semester), a student will also pursue research (over the third and the fourth semesters), leading to a master’s thesis.
The students admitted to the program would study their first two semesters at DA-IICT. They will have an option to pursue the studies of the third and the fourth semester either at DA-IICT or at CR Rao Institute based on their research interest.
The detailed program structure, including the core courses, and elective courses can be found here.
Total seats: 18 (regular) + 5 (sponsored)= 23
Admission will be through two channels from 2021 i.e. GATE and Non-GATE. Possession of a valid GATE score in a discipline specific to the specialization is mentioned below along with seat distribution.
|GATE Discipline||Seats through GATE||Seats through Non-GATE||Total Number of seats|
Note: The institute can also admit a few candidates sponsored by the organization / institute with which DA-IICT has signed a MoU satisfying the admission criteria of the MTech program specified in the MoU.
GATE Qualified candidates
A candidate with a qualifying degree in any one of the following:
- BE/BTech ( ECE)
The aggregate marks in the qualifying degree should not be less than 60% or equivalent as per the norm set by the degree awarding Institute/University.
Non-GATE Qualified candidates
- MSc (Electronics), BE/BTech (ECE) with 1st class (min 65%)
- The aggregate marks in the qualifying degree should not be less than 65% or equivalent as per the norm set by the degree awarding Institute/University.
Note: Applicants can apply for admissions through one of the channels only, i.e., either through GATE or NON-GATE.
- A candidate with a qualifying degree with 1st class or its equivalent with consistent good records in any one of the following:
- BE/BTech ( ECE),
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in Government organizations and/or PSUs
Sponsored Candidates are from the Institutes that have Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with DA-IICT or CR Rao AIMSCS, or from government organizations, Indian research and development Institutes or leading PSUs.
Candidates appearing in their final degree examination and expecting to complete it by July 2021 may also apply. However, their final admission will be subject to the condition that they obtain an aggregate of marks required based on mode of admission i.e. GATE/Non-GATE, or its equivalent as per the norms set by the degree granting Institute/University. All admitted candidates have to submit their degree certificates or proof of completion of degree, before 30 October 2021 failing which their admission is liable to cancellation.
The decision of the concerned authorities of DA-IICT regarding eligibility of any candidate shall be final.
Admission to M. Tech. (CS&ML) will admit candidates through two channels from this year: GATE and NON-GATE.
Candidates who have a valid GATE score in the disciplines of Electronics & Communication Engineering (EC) only can apply. Final selection of these candidates will be based on personal interview of the shortlisted candidates.
The Non-GATE candidates selection will be based on their qualifying degree and performance in the interview. Weightage will be as follows:
- 40% weightage -> qualifying degree
- 60% weightage-> interview
Note: At the time of finalisation of admissions, it is likely that some of the Universities in the country would not have announced the final year results of the qualifying degrees prescribed for admissions. In such cases, 40% weightage in qualifying degree will be assigned to the aggregate marks obtained in all the previous University examinations of the qualifying degree. However, if the applicant fails to receive 65% aggregate marks in the qualifying degree after announcement of final year results, her/his admission will stand discontinued forthwith and no representation/appeal will be entertained.
At the time of admission an amount of Rs. 84,500/- (Rs. 64,500/- towards Tuition Fee for the First Semester and Rs.20,000/- towards a Caution Deposit) – The registration fee is payable at the time of registration and hostel rent on allotment of the hostel room.
|Tuition fee||Rs. 64,500 per Semester|
|Registration Fee||Rs. 2,500 per Semester|
|Caution Deposit||Rs. 20,000 (Refundable at the end of the program)|
|Hostel Rent||Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 22,000 per semester depending upon the hostel block in which the room is allotted|
|Food||On actuals. There are multiple food options available in the campus (The expense will be approximately Rs. 5,500 per month)|
*Subject to revision
The Institute will facilitate the students to avail educational loan from selected Banks. The bank officials will be present on campus at the time of registration of admitted students so as to enable the students to obtain details on procedures and terms and conditions of the loan. The students can also avail loan from banks of their choice and in either of the case; the Institute will extend support in completing the loan documentation process.
All GATE admitted students would be eligible for a monthly stipend of Rs. 12400/- in the form of Teaching Assistants in the first semester. In subsequent semesters, the continuation would depend on their satisfying the academic requirements.
NON-GATE candidates will not be eligible for TAship and stipendiary benefits.
The refund policy for the withdrawing candidates will be in accordance with the UGC/AICTE rules.
- Submit online application form by clicking on the link given below. Application fee (non-refundable) is Rs. 1200/- plus GST@ 18%. (Rupees One thousand two hundred only). Click here to apply online
- The Candidate has to satisfy the eligibility criteria in order for her/his application to be considered for admission.
- For GATE qualified candidates the merit list for admission will be prepared on the basis of personal interview of the candidates applying for admission. Counseling for allotment of specialization will be done online.
- For Non-GATE qualified candidates the merit list for admission will be prepared based on the weightage on qualifying degree and interview.
- The candidates who have accepted admission offers will be notified to appear for registration, followed by counseling, document verification, and on confirmation of admission, the orientation program.
- Counseling will be done online. Applicants are advised, from the date of announcement of first merit list, to check for e-mail communications from pg_admissions[at]daiict[dot]ac[dot]in to know about the specialization allotted to them and the steps they need to take to continue with the counseling process.
Voice Call: 080 66 91 91 80
Support Ticket: Click here