1. Disciplinary Committee:
There exists a Disciplinary Committee that comprises of:
- Dean of Students
- Wardens & Associate Wardens
- Executive Registrar
2. Discipline and Civic behavior within the HoR:
- The Residents must ensure peace and tranquility within the Halls of Residence area such that they do not cause disturbance to other Residents.
- The Residents will behave as per the social ethics and respect the privacy of others at all the time.
- A Halls of Residence Accommodation is a place where students are expected to study and have adequate rest. As such, due consideration must be accorded to other inmates at all times. This would be implemented by keeping the volume of radios & hi-fi sets, multimedia gadgets low.
- The same is enforced during parties/other social gatherings in the HoR’s wings if and when permitted by the Wardens. In case of complaints from other residents, suitable disciplinary action will be taken.
- Boys must abstain from unsolicited attention seeking behaviors and/or gestures towards girls that can be construed as ‘harassment’.
- Outside the rooms, the Residents will not be dressed in a manner that would offend anyone within or outside the campus.
- Residents will not use loud abusive or offensive or inciting language while conveying their view points.
- Parking of vehicle should be done in authorized parking areas. If any vehicle found at a place other than authorized parking, the owner would be fined a minimum fine of Rs. 500/-.
- Residents are NOT allowed to transfer any furniture from one room to another.
- Inside the room, cheap posters displaying vulgarity will not be permitted on the walls or elsewhere in the room.
- Non-residents of Halls of Residence must not give the Halls of Residence address for their posts. Residents must check the Snail Mail link at this website everyday. Mails which are older than 10 days will be disposed by the Hostel Supervisor.
- Residents and visitors are not permitted to sit on parapet or railings or stair cases or any unsafe area.
- Drying clothes on the room window and staircase railing is strictly prohibited. Drying of clothes should be done at the place designated for the same, e.g. clotheslines provided in the designated areas.
- Residents are not allowed to bring food plates inside the Halls of Residence. If any student (need not be a HMC member), Hostel Supervisor or any administrative authority finds a student carrying a plate inside the Halls of Residence, he will be questioned and if found violating the rule, he will be fined an amount of Rs. 50/-. This amount should be paid within 72 hours to the Hostel Supervisor and the receipt for the same should be collected from the Supervisor. If the student fails to pay the penalty within the stipulated time, the warden will forward this case to the Disciplinary Committee for appropriate disciplinary action.
- A sick student (certified by doctor) can get food in the room. To bring food for a sick student, either the sick student or his friends must (intimate) send an email to hostel_supervisor[at]daiict[dot]ac[dot]in with copy to warden_boyshr[at]daiict[dot]ac[dot]in and cafeteria_committee[at]daiict[dot]ac[dot]in.
- Residents are permitted to use computers (provided they are allowed to do so as per the Rules governing the usage of the same), table Lamps, and Audio Systems. Hostel Supervisor should be informed in writing if a resident wishes to keep any of these items in the room.
- Computers are to be registered with Hostel Supervisor within a week of bringing the computer into the campus and a permanent gate pass is to be acquired for taking it in or out from the campus. Contact the hostel supervisor for more details on this issue.
- For obtaining Intranet connectivity, the resident has to apply for same to the Hostel Supervisor. Initially Hostel Supervisor will provide the data patch chord and charge Rs. 50/- as refundable deposit (will be refunded with the caution deposit).
- All electrical switches and gadgets must be switched off while leaving the rooms.
- Use of high power consuming electrical equipment is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. These include irons, heaters, ovens, refrigerators, TV, Kettles and the like. It’s against the rule as well as highly dangerous to keep such gadgets in your room. Any resident having the same in his/her room would be severely punished with a minimum of expulsion from the Halls of Residence.
- No cooking is permitted in the Halls of Residence.