- Important Dates
- Program Structure
- Eligibility Criteria
- Admission Criteria
- Fee Structure*
- How to Apply
- Admission Procedures
- Post-Admission Procedures
- For Inquiries
- Important Notes
Admission to the UG Programs for the academic year 2021-22 is closed.
(In view of the present pandemic situation, the complete admission process and the semester classes are likely to be conducted ONLINE which may please be noted)
Number of seats: 64
- B.Tech (Information and Communication Technology (ICT)) – 39
- B.Tech (Honours) in ICT with minor in Computational Science – 18
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in Mathematics and Computing (MnC) - 07
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Refer the page directly to the Academics page here.
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) Honours in ICT with minor in Computational Science
Refer the page directly to the Academics page here
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in Mathematics and Computing (MnC)
Refer the page directly to the Academics page here
Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 01 October 1996 are eligible to apply. The date of birth as recorded in the Xth or XIIth standard certificate, issued by the Board/Examination Authority will be taken as authentic. Candidates must produce this certificate in original as proof of their age at the time of admission/counseling.
Candidates must have passed or must be appearing in the year of application the qualifying examination, i.e., XIIth standard or equivalent from any system of education as recognized by the Association of Indian University (AIU), New Delhi in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/Computer Science/Biotechnology/Biology and must have secured a minimum GPA of 6 on a 10-point scale, if grades are awarded. In case marks are awarded, candidates must have secured minimum 60% aggregate in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/Computer Science/ Biotechnology/Biology of the qualifying examination.
Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in the year of admission will be considered for provisional admission based on the submission of transcripts of their Xth and XIth standard and the first semester of their XIIth standard (if issued) duly certified by their school authorities. All such candidates will be required to produce the proof of having passed the qualifying examination (XII standard or equivalent) latest by 31st October 2021 failing which the admission will stand cancelled.
For the purpose of admissions into the B Tech programs, the following categories of applicants will be considered as Non- Resident Indians:
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card holders.
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) Card Holders.
- Certificates of Non Resident Indian issued by the Indian Embassy/Indian Consulate of the Country where the Non Resident Indian is residing.
- Passport of an applicant indicating his status as 'Non Resident Indian'.
- Persons who have studied outside India and have passed either 10th or 12th standard (or must be appearing for the examination in 2021) or equivalent from any system of education subject to the eligibility criteria stipulated below.
- Either of the parent of the applicant residing abroad and submits documentary proof that he/she is a Non Resident Indian (e.g., NRI bank account in India or letter from the Indian Embassy/Consulate). The NRI status should be valid until 1st October, 2021.
The admission criteria have been revised for the year 2021 due to COVID-19 pandemic as the testing bodies are unable to conduct the prescribed entrance examination/tests in time)
Admission may be granted to
(a) Those who meet the eligibility criteria as pronounced in ‘Eligibility Criteria’ section.
(b) Those who have secured in their X and XI or XII Board final examinations separately an aggregate minimum GPA of 7 on a 10-point scale OR 70% aggregate minimum marks in Physics and Mathematics separately in X and XI or XII final examinations (If XI and XII final examinations are not conducted by the designated Board, the scores of final examinations declared by the School based on the directives of the Statutory Authorities will be accepted (Revised)
SAT Subject Tests score (formerly SAT II) of Physics and Mathematics with minimum score of 1060.
All India Rank of Joint Entrance Examination 2021 (JEE-2021) Main conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA), Government of India with a minimum score of 85 percentile.
|Tuition fee||US $5,000 per semester|
|Registration Fee||US $100 per semester|
|Caution Deposit||US $1,000 (Refundable at the end of the Program)|
|Hostel Rent||US $350 per semester|
|Food||As per actual, as charged by the canteen/cafeteria. (These expenses will be approximately US $90 per month)|
On accepting admission, an amount of US $ 6,000 or its equivalent amount in Indian rupees at the time of payment (US$ 5,000 towards Tuition Fee for the First Semester, US $ 1,000 as Caution Deposit) and at the time of registration US $ 450 (Registration Fee of US$ 100 and Hostel Rent of US$ 350) is payable. The fees can be paid in Indian Rupees by mail transfer (details are provided below) or by Demand Draft drawn in favour of ‘DA-IICT’ payable at Ahmedabad at the exchange rate prevailing on the date of drawing the Draft. The last date for paying the fee will be notified to the candidate in the admission offer. If a candidate accepts the admission by paying the fee but does not join, then only the caution deposit will be refunded. Subsequently, fees are charged semester-wise, with the registration at the beginning of each semester
*Subject to revision
NRI/OCI/Foreign Nationals Merit Scholarships
There are 10 Merit Scholarships exclusively for NRI/Foreign National students admitted to the programs -- 3 Scholarships of Rs.85,000/- each (First band) and 7 Scholarships Rs.70,000/- each (Second band) in a semester. The eligibility for award of First Band of Scholarship is an SPI score of 08/10 and above and for the Second Band of Scholarship, an SPI score of 07/10 and above but below 08/10 in a semester. Based on these eligibility conditions, the Merit Scholarships would be awarded to the admitted students.
Admission of all the international students will be done through the International Student Cell (ISC), Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology.
The students interested to apply for all the programs have to apply using two separate online application forms and also pay application fees separately. For admission to B.Tech (Information and Communication Technology (ICT)) and B.Tech (Honours) in ICT with minor in Computational Science Programs, the application form is common titled as ‘B Tech (DAFS).’ For admission to B.Tech (Mathematics and Computing), the application form is separate and is titled as ‘B Tech (MnC-DAFS).’
Submit the online application form by clicking on the Apply Now and selecting B Tech (DAFS) and/or B Tech (MnC-DAFS) from the Select Program drop down menu, along with the details of the Application Fee (non-refundable) of US $150 and following documents on or before the due date
- 12th Standard or equivalent mark sheet. Candidates whose 12th standard or equivalent transcripts/mark sheets are not available at the time of application will have to upload transcripts/mark sheets for the last two years (11th and first semester of their 12th standard).
- SAT/JEE Main Test scores.
- Certificate/document from the appropriate authority indicating the residency status (NRI/Foreign). For NRI candidates for example, embassy certificate and for Foreign Nationals a copy of their passport.
Note: The candidates will have to e-mail the scanned copy of their SAT/JEE Main Test scores and 12th standard or equivalent scores and residency status to international[underscore]students[at]daiict[dot]ac[dot]in by due date if they are not available at the time of application.
The International applicants can pay their application fee through:
- Bank transfer to Bank Account in the name of ‘Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology’ with ICICI Bank Limited, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India bearing Account Number 016501013975 and IFSC/RTGS/NEFT Code: ICIC0000165. Please indicate clearly in the transfer form the applicant’s name and that the payment is for admission to the B. Tech Program.
- Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favor of ‘DAIICT’, payable at Ahmedabad.
- If the foreign national student’s application for admission is approved by the ISC, the candidate would be issued a provisional admission letter in due course for getting the student VISA to India. It is the responsibility of the candidate to secure the student VISA and have it endorsed to the Institute. It is also the responsibility of the candidate to obtain all other government clearances as applicable from time to time. However, the ISC through the Executive Registrar’s office will guide the candidate regarding the applicable requirements NRIs, OCI and PIO card holders do not require VISA
- On accepting admission, an amount of US $ 6,000 or its equivalent amount in Indian Rupees at the time of payment ($ 5,000 towards Tuition Fee for the First Semester, and $ 1,000 towards Caution Deposit) is to be paid either through Bank Transfer or through Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favor of ‘DA-IICT, Gandhinagar payable by a US bank. The DD should be issued by a first class bank. DDs issued by Exchange Companies/Private Bankers will not be accepted. The last date for paying this amount will be notified to the candidate in the admission offer. If a candidate accepts the admission by paying the above amount but does not join, then only the caution deposit will be refunded. The Institute reserves the right to revise the fee and the payment structure as may be decided by it from time to time
- Admission Formalities: The candidate must report to the Institute by the designated dates for completion of admission formalities, inclusive of registration, payment of registration fee and Hostel Charges.
- Document Verification: The candidate must submit the following original documents for verification at the time of reporting.
- Passport with Valid VISA (foreign national only).
- OCI/ POI Card.
- Certificate of Non Resident Indian Status issued by The Indian Embassy/Consulate or a passport of Applicant indicating her/his status as Non Resident Indian.
- Copies of any other documents from government authorities regarding the status of the international student.
- Degree / Pass certificate of qualifying examination(s).
- All mark lists / grade reports of qualifying examination(s) (Semester-wise) and score cards of SAT/JEE test.
- Letter from local guardian (if available).
- Contact details of person to be informed in case of emergency.
- Information about allergies, necessity of regular medication or any other physical or mental health issues. (It is recommended that students who are on medication must carry on their person a one week supply of medication).
- For Exchange Students: Letter from the concerned authority at the home institution.
Note: The original certificates will be returned to the students immediately after making necessary endorsements.
- Medical Examination: Undergo medical examination and obtain a medical fitness certificate. As per the Government of India rules, all persons entering India on student VISA have to undergo a medical examination as prescribed by the Government of India. ISC through the Executive Registrar’s office would coordinate and facilitate the medical examination of international students through the institute’s facilities; the cost would be borne by the student. The result of the medical test would be communicated to the ISC and placed in the student file after consulting the Medical Officer of the Institute. Admission may be denied on health grounds at the discretion of DA-IICT on the advice of the Medical Officer of the Institute.
- Medical Insurance The Registrar’s Office will arrange medical insurance for all students admitted including international students on payment of a modest premium. The international students, particularly foreign nationals, have an option to take international medical insurance from their country of origin. In this case, they must submit a copy of the policy to the Executive Registrar’s office on the date of registration. The premium for the health insurance will be borne by the student.
- Police Registration: Foreign national students are required to register with the local police authorities within a week of arrival. The Executive Registrar’s office will provide assistance for the same.
- Hostel Accommodation: The B. Tech Programs are residential. All students admitted to the B. Tech program must compulsorily reside on campus. The fees charged would be as per the rules in force. For International Exchange Students, hostel accommodation would be provided as per the terms of the MoU under which the exchange program is implemented. The fees charged would be as specified in the MoU or exchange agreement.
Note: The candidates admitted under NRI/Foreign Student category must continue within this category throughout their studies and are not eligible to switch over to the other categories of admission.
International Students’ Cell
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology
Near Indroda Circle
Gandhinagar – 382 007, Gujarat, India.
Tel: (079) 68261586/567
Fax: (079) 68261710
The information on admissions 2021 provided are to inform the prospective candidates about the programs and activities of DA-IICT and are subject to change from time to time.
The candidates will be bound by the rules and regulations of the Institute as applicable during their course of study at DA-IICT. Students who have failed to achieve the minimum required academic performance at the end of second or fourth semester shall be discontinued from the Institute. Disputes, if any, relating to admission shall be subject to Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India, jurisdiction only.